The Department of Ocean and Resources Engineering offers a graduate program leading to the Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees. The goal of the program is to prepare students for the engineering profession and to conduct research in support of the education program.
The objectives of the program are to produce graduates who, during the first few years following graduation,
1. Are effective and creative engineers applying knowledge of mathematics and science to the solution of practical engineering problems;
2. Have general understanding of and ability to work in the ocean and resources engineering disciplines;
3. Are proficient in one or more of the ocean and resources engineering disciplines;
4. Are aware of professional, ethical, managerial, and other non-technical issues commonly encountered in engineering practice;
5. Can communicate and work effectively with peers, clients, and the general public in promoting new ideas, products, or designs; and
6. Can adapt to the changing needs and technology of the ocean and resources industry.
[ Top of Page ]